National Seniors Coalition (NSC) and its business partners have pioneered group retiree medical solutions for Pre- and Post-65 Retirees. Our proprietary model allows us to sponsor a group medical plan via a NSC Sponsored Trust and/or a Voluntary Employees' Beneficiary Association (VEBA), saving you money while relieving you of burdensome plan administration.
Our customer choose to work with NSC for the following reasons:
- Range of alternative retiree health insurance plans and flexible funding options
- Retirees can choose a group plan with the same outline of benefits they currently have
- Retirees maintain the option of enrolling in an individual plan
- Enhanced pharmacy benefit design helps retirees manage costs
- Customized, combined solutions to meet your unique needs
- Partnerships with some of oldest, most respected and trusted companies
- Customer support through timely, effective and personal service
Benefits for Employers
National Seniors Coalition enables businesses, municipalities and unions to exit the retiree medical business while still offering a group plan. How does this work? Under our plans, the employer has no relationship or obligation to the trust, carrier, policy or cost of coverage. The trust or VEBA is the applicant and policy holder and directly communicates with the carrier, arranges for the plan’s administration, coordinates the collection and payment of premiums from retirees, and performs all other aspects of the plan.
NSC can accommodate contributions toward the cost of coverage (either on a current or pre-funded basis) or other involvement from the employer. Flexibility is a key element in plan design and ease of transition.
Benefits for Retirees
Retirees are given the choice of a group plan with their current outline of benefits or individual plan options. A better prescription benefit design is also advantageous to participants. VEBA status for the retiree group permits a tax-free vehicle for participant contributions.